on holding on 20.- 23.8.2021 within the limits of the project «Summer in Finland» of the International art competitions-festival ”SCANDINAVIAN WAVE” in Turku, Finland.
1. Organizers of the festival:
Founders: International Cultural Association of Turku (Turun kansainväliset kulttuurimarkkinat yhdistys ry, Finland) and the SEM Consulting Oy (Finland).
2. Purposes of the competition-festival:
• Promoting diversity of artistic creativity, support and promotion.
• Establishment and strengthening of close friendship and creative relationship between teams and individual performers from different cities and countries.
• Familiarization with the cultural traditions of the countries - participants of the competition.
• The creative exchange of experience among the leaders of groups and individual artists.
3. Terms of the festival:
• Creative teams and soloists can take part in the festival in the following categories:
• Soloists-vocalists: pop, academic, folk and jazz vocals.
• Choral, vocal, vocal and instrumental, folk bands.
• Show groups
• Dance ensembles and soloists: classical, folk, pop, contemporary (jazz, modern, neoclassical), sports (hip-hop, disco, techno, street, electric boogie, break dancing, pop locking) and ballroom dance.
• Artists on musical instruments (soloists and groups): classical, folk, jazz and pop music.
• Theatre Works (miniature puppet theatre, theatre of modes, drama, street theatre, musical).
• Circus works of various genres (free plastics, clowning, pantomime).
• Exhibition (visual arts, applied arts, art photos).
• Participants of the festival are divided into the following age groups:
• group of 6 to 9
• group of 10 to 13
• group of 14 to 17
• group of 18 to 25
• adult group older than 25
• family and mixed ensembles
Ensembles are divided into a duet, a trio, a quartet and ensemble.
Soloists (vocal) and vocal ensembles performing 1 song in any language. Timing of the repertoire isn’t more than 3,5 minutes.
Participants of other nominations present 1 performance; duration is no more than 4 minutes. Theatre studios and circus groups present 1 performance; duration is no more than 5 minutes.
Rehearsals and performances are held strictly in accordance with the schedule provided by the organizer of the festival-competition.
Competitive program of the festival participants (singers) present with the phonogram (-), for a gala concert is permitted (+).
• All performers program, as well as the song that dance show and other performances such as the gala concert of the songs sent in Mp3 format by email in connection with the registration, at least 10.06. Mp3 must save in the following sequence in English:
Performance´s number, country, city, participant's name and surname, the name of the song
• The Finland, Kuopio, Anne Lahtinen, Bird
• Finland, Kuopio, Anne Lehtinen, Adagio
Gala, Finland, Kuopio, Anne Lehtinen, My World
Back- vocals are allowed fragments without a major party. Participants who violate the rules will not be allowed to take part in the competition. Organizing Committee reserves the right to refuse the participation of groups that have bad quality sound track, or recorded on obsolete media. Artists may make accompanying.
Participants who violate the rules will not be allowed to take part in the competition. Organizing Committee reserves the right to refuse the participation of groups that have a bad quality sound track, or recorded on obsolete media.
• Changes in the program, presented to the competition in the application are not allowed!
• The organizers reserve the right to make the union of genres within the nominations based on applications received and in consultation with the jury.
• To promote national cultures, folk or national traditions (songs, dances, etc.), as well as the presence of national symbols (flags, costumes, etc.) at the opening ceremony and closing ceremonies are welcomed.
• In addition to competitive programs of groups and performers must take part in activities in the program of the festival (opening / closing ceremonies).
• Selection of performances at the Gala-concert among the winners and participants by the organizers and the jury. The program is final and non-negotiable.
5. Requirements for registration of works in the category "exhibition".
• Painting Arts: Professional and amateur artists are allowed to competition. Age of participants is unlimited. To compete with works made in any technique suitable for the demonstration. Each party represents no more than 3 works. Format is free. Registration papers must conform to the exhibition option. Paintings and drawings are drawn in a tough mat of white or light colors. Works are accepted in registration form, for the figures needed mat and label in the lower right corner. The label or sign must contain: title, name and age of the author, the city (region, territory), the name of an educational institution, name of the teacher. To be filled in Russian + translation of "surname, first name" in Latin letters or in English. Works are returned.
• Applied and Decorative Arts: Participants represent masks, dolls, items carved wood etc. The age of competition is not limited. The format is arbitrary - at least not more than A3 and A2. Batik and embroidery are accepted only in the stretcher. All of the decorative - applied art should be clearly signed on the reverse. The label is filled in block letters 16 letters in Russian and Latin letters or in English. The information at all works (on the reverse side) must be strictly written in the following order: name and age of the participant and the name of work; nomination, organization and creative team representing the party, indicating the country and locality (if any) name, surname and patronymic of the head of the creative team (mug, studio, etc.) or teacher (if any) contact details phone number and address. Works are returned.
• Photo: The competition invites photographers - professionals and amateurs. The label is filled in block letters, 16 letters in Russian or Latin letters. The information at all works (on the reverse side) must be strictly written in the following order: name and age of the participant and the name of work nomination, organization and creative team, representing the party, indicating the country and locality (if any) name, surname and patronymic of the head of the creative team (mug, studio, etc.) or teacher (if any) contact details phone number and address. Works are returned.
The festival will organize master - classes of artists and photographers, who are very influential in their professional environment. During the seminars, professional artists and photographers will be examined various aspects of painting and photography. Visitors to the seminars will be devoted to the intricacies of writing and shooting landscapes and portraits, the skills of working with black - and white and color photography in close contact with these masters, who have been working long in photography. The exhibition will be announced in the Finnish newspapers, which creates favorable conditions for the sale of works.
A sale of works will be organized during the competition. For the exhibition-sale each participant can present in addition to competitive works no more than five works. Organizers collect 10 % from sale price of sold works.
The Organizing Committee of the International Competition-Festival of children’s and youthful creativity Scandinavian Wave is formed by competent international judges from Finland, Russia, Sweden, France and Ukraine. At the end of the competition, festival participants and teachers have the opportunity to exchange views and discuss competitive performances with the jury members at the meeting of the Roundtable.
7. Awards of the festival:
• GRAND PRIX in each nomination (vocal, choreography, musical instruments, exhibition, theatre and circus art)
• Diploma for Creative Individuality in the category "Exhibition"
• Diploma for Professionalism
• Diploma for the Originality of the Performance
• Diploma for the Artistry
• Diploma for the preservation of national traditions
• Diploma for the youngest participant
• Winners of I, II, III degree
• Winners of I, II, III degree receive diplomas and cups, all the other participants – diplomas.
• Managers are awarded with diplomas.
8. Conditions for participation in the festival:
• Participants must pay special attention to the current regulation.
• Each party guest arrives at the festival in the terms specified in the official invitation. The general structure of the delegation, including attendants, must also be specified in the application.
8.1. Standard program
• Leaders and attendants pay 240 € per person (The price includes: accommodation in a 3-4-bed rooms in a hotel (3 days), breakfast and dinner.
Participants pay 310 € per person (The price includes: accommodation in a 3-4-bed rooms in a hotel, breakfast, dinner and participation in a festival). Optionally, 2 people can stay in 2-bed room for an additional charge of 80 € per person and 1-person room for an additional charge of 120 € per person.
8.2. Discount program 1: (for groups of more than 15)
Leaders, participants and attendants pay 200 €. No meals.
The price includes: accommodation in a hotel in the city center. There is a shower, a toilet, a TV-set, a refrigerator, a microwave oven, a teapot, tea, coffee in the room.
Participants pay 260 € per person. The cost for 3 days includes: participation in a festival, accommodation in a 4-bed room in a hotel. No meals.
8.3. Discount program 2: (arrival 20.08 at 15.00, departure 23.08 before 12.00, for groups of at least 15 people)
Managers and accompanying is made in the amount of 170 € (the price includes: accommodation in 4-6 bed rooms in the hostel. No meals). Soloists make a payment of 200 € (the price includes: participation in the competition, accommodation in 4-6 bed rooms in the hostel. No meals). Participants of other categories (including the nomination “Exhibition”) make a payment of190€. (The program price includes: participation in the competition, accommodation in 4-6 bed rooms in the hostel. No meals).
Competitive performance and payment for additional nominations. Groups or soloists participating in the festival in several categories pay an additional fee of 60 € - for a soloist, 80 € - duets, 90 € -trios, 100 € quartet and 25 € - for ensembles (per person). Soloing is considered the main nomination!
8.4. Participant is able to take part in several categories filling a separate application form for each nomination.
• Registration of the application costs 30€. In case of cancellation, this amount is not refundable.
Applications are admitted till June, 1.
• Participation fee: 110 € soloist, 150€ duo, 170€ trio, 180€ quartet, 200 € quintet and 40€ per person for groups more than 5 persons. In case of cancellation, this amount is not refundable. Transfer and other expenses of participants and leaders, as well as the attendants must be paid by the sending parties or the participants themselves.
The visa and insurance are paid by the participant. The organizing committee assists in the reception of a free visa, if applications with the payment order of registration arrive by the 1st of May. Lists of participants to receive free visas must contain the following information:
• Name and surname (in Latin letters as in passport)
• Date of Birth
Excursions are extra charged. The list of excursions is on website: www.semconsulting.fi.
Transfer (railway station, hotel, train station) is guaranteed if the date, time, place, train and car, flight number are sent to the organizers 10 days before the start of the competition.
• Meeting participants at railway stations and airport of the city of Turku - 30€.
• Meeting participants at the stations and the airport in Helsinki, a special bus (maximum 49 people) costs 650 € (one way).
Please include all the wishes in details and in advance in the application.
10. Rules for application submission:
After receiving the application and the copy of the payment order of registration, an official invitation to the festival is sent to the participant. Applications are sent by e-mail. Data on number of the participants, put in the application, are treated as final. Bank details are sent by e-mail after getting the application.
General rules for participants:
• The Organizing Committee is the exclusive carrier of property rights to broadcast the concert and competition plays on radio and television, as well as the ownership and distribution of printed competitive products, audio and video recordings of the participants of the competition, lectures, seminars and master classes.
• All disputes are submitted to the jury, the organizing committee and management. Their decision is final and not subject to revision.
• Filing an application means you agree with the rules (Regulation). Participation in the festival is confirmed by the invitation sent by the organizer on the basis of received applications, lists of participants and documents confirming payment of the registration application.
• Each participant has the right to voice advertising of his sponsor during the awards ceremony.
• Children teams must have at least one attendant for 7 people. The head is not an attendant!
• Team leader is responsible for the lives and health of children.
• The Organizing Committee is not responsible for lost things.
• The Organizing Committee has the right to make changes in the Regulation of the festival no later than one week before the festival, informing the registered participants.
11. General responsibilities of participants
• Application means consent with a regulation and is a contract between organizers and participants of the festival, despite the country of residence. Participation in a festival is confirmed by the invitation sent by the organizer on the basis of the application, lists of the participants and documents confirming the payment for the application registration
• Refusal from a participation in a festival later than a month before the festival isn't possible, and money isn't given back in this case! Force majeure is only a doctor's certificate given to a person not to a group.
12. In case of disagreement in the interpretation of this Regulation, and translation into other languages only the Russian text is right.
E-mail address: email@example.com
More detailed information about the contest application form and conditions of the competition site: www.festivalsfinland.com